Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I had a light fixture and am now attempting to install a

Customer Question

Customer: I'm Nilsa...I had a light fixture and am now attempting to install a ceiling fan. the problem is that I have 3 sets of wires and my kid undid them...one of my receptacle won't work...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can't figure out which wires to put together. I would like the receptacle to work...also, the ceiling fan has a black, white and blue wire...how do I connect them?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am willing to wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Wayne Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would love to help you get your receptacle back up and running.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey Wayne....just don't know which wires from the ceiling go where

May I have a photo of the electrical box in question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sent you a pic of the wires coming from the ceiling and of the ceiling fan wires. the receptacle is regular...

I'm sorry, I didn't get that picture of the wires in the ceiling :) can you resend?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, if I am correct, there are three black wires and three white wires coming out of the ceiling. Does it look like one of those black wires is marked with white?

Also, Can you open the switch box that controlled the light? Reminder: turn off your breaker to the circuit you are working with before performing any of this!

It would also be helpful to see inside the receptacle box that isn't working too :)