machinc
machinc, Electrical Technician
Experience:  AC/DCElectricity / Relay and apparatus/circuit reading/ 30 yrs Bell South
75209918

My doorbell rings but the light doesn't. The lights works

Customer Question

My doorbell rings but the light doesn't. The lights works when I play with the wire a little, but when I push the button back into the wall, the light stop working, but the bell still rings
Category: Electrical
Expert:  machinc replied 11 months ago.

This is a sign of a loose connection or a broken wire inside imthe insulation.

First check the connectiion of the wire. Once you are sure it is good wiggle the wire without shoving it into the wall . If the light blinks on and off it is bad under the insulation

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If it is bad under the insulation, how can U fix it? Should I call an electrician?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  machinc replied 11 months ago.

Using both hands to wiggle the wire you will be able to isolate

Where it is bad . If it is too short to connect after the problem has been cut out there are splicing connectors available in the electrical departnent of the big stores.

Expert:  machinc replied 11 months ago.

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.