Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I own a Woods 13569 Indoor Wireless Remote Control with 3

Customer Question

Hello, I own a Woods 13569 Indoor Wireless Remote Control with 3 Outlets and one of the plug units is not working. One the back it has a small label "KAB" and on the front it is marked as Channel 1 & "CH E". Can this be repaired or replaced? Thank you, Danielle
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) I assume that there is "line-of-site" to the plug-in receiver and no interference? If so, the plug-in module has reached it's end of life and needs to be replaced.

2) Repairing an individual module will cost you more in an electronics technician labor time than just replacing and purchasing a new set from Home Depot. Not worth the cost to have an individual module repaired in my opinion:)

See link shown below for a complete replacement set: $16.72 spent and you will have a new timer set.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Woods-Indoor-Plug-In-Digital-Wireless-Remote-with-3-Outlets-White-3-Pack-13569/203638968

3) I also have an identical set of these Woods remote timers and I also had one plug-in module that became defective after 7 years of use.

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks............Kevin:)