Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My girlfriends house is on 100amp service, but keeps

Customer Question

My girlfriends house is on 100amp service, but keeps flickering and power keeps goin out. Is there anything i can do aside from having to upgrade the panel?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to www.justanswer.com

This can be caused by a number of things including overloaded service, overloaded circuit(s), or loose connections inside the panel or anywhere along the effected circuit (s). There could also be a problem on the electric utility side with loose connections.

If you are comfortable going into the main panel, you can tighten the connections on all breakers & on the neutral bar. Let me know if this has a positive effect. If not we can go from there. Thank you

Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in, have you made any progress? Do you have or can you borrow a voltmeter & an ammeter? If you get the connections all tightened, these meters can help with further diagnosis if the problem(s) was/were not resolved. Let me know how it goes, thanks, Ken

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey whats up ken,
Its joe in sf, weve talked before. I havent made it over there yet. But they do have an outlet just outside the back door that has a loose weather seal, could that be causing a short shorting out the power? Just a thought. Last time it happened i did exactly what you suggested in the first message and everything came back on. Now idk.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

It can be difficult to find a loose connection. Did you contact the utility company for them to verify that their connections are good?

If so, have you checked all outlets to see if they used the backstab connection or if the wires are under the screw terminals?

It is not likely that the outside outlet is causing this problem.

What do you have done all of the above it may be time to call Anna electrician to do some trouble shooting.