Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I had a powerful blow dryer and portable heater plugged in

Customer Question

I had a powerful blow dryer and portable heater plugged in to the same outlet in the bathroom and the bathroom outlets stopped working from what I can see there are no tripped breakers. I did however try turning on and off the breaker labeled "bath rec" but that did not work.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 2 gfi in the kitchen and one in the basement all 3 have been reset
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) What is the approximate age of the home?

2) Do any of the bathrooms have a GFCI receptacle or do any of the circuit breakers have a "test" button which is also a GFCI?

3) Did you completely turn the breaker OFF and then back ON? When a breaker trips, the breaker handle will be somewhat loose and can move slightly back & forth.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the love... I just read your message and realized the bathroom in downstairs Has one. IT WORKS!
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Very good. Glad you now have power restored.

1) Make a note of that for future reference that the downstairs bathroom GFCI controls the other bathroom receptacle.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 12 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 12 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)