Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I purchased a GE Christmas tree that is easy connect from

Customer Question

I purchased a GE Christmas tree that is easy connect from Costco 2013 but today when i put it together only 1/3 of it is lit. I tried all the connectors but nothing? what can i do so I don't have to get another tree or string lights?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Do you have a XMAS light bulb tester available or have you tried to replace any of the bulbs?

2) Have you also checked the fuses in the plug as a fuse may be blown?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a bulb tester and the easy connect doesn't appear to have fuses on every level. The first level and part of the second is lit
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the replies.

1) Since no bulb tester available and it does not appear that any fuses have blown. I suggest spending $5 or $10 and replace the string. Not worth your time spent on investing in a bulb tester or messing around with it in my opinion.

Probably all XMAS light strings are manufactured in China and their manufacturing quality is among the worst in the world when it comes to electrical products. Get a replacement string is my recommendation or take the tree back to COSTCO and get a refund.

FYI......pre-lit XMAS trees are among the worst and cheapest product that you can purchase. Get a regular XMAS tree without any pre-lit light strings and add your own string lights as required.

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks..............Kevin:)