Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Alex, I plugged in a Vacuum and power went out in my Garage,

Customer Question

Hi Alex, I plugged in a Vacuum and power went out in my Garage, 2 Bathrooms and Hallway plus the outlet that I plugged in the Vacuum, stopped working and GFI outlet in the bathroom stopped working as well. I called in an Electrician and he checked each wire going in the circuit breakers and they all gave signal of power coming in, he checked 110 on each side on main circuit and it showed power coming in as well. When he put the tester in the affected outlet, there is no power. Can you help?
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Your electrician should have tested a dead outlet for voltage and continuity to determine whether the black or white wire is open. If you have a 2 wire voltage tester, I can walk you through the testing and direct you to where the problem is.