Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I do not mean to be rude but I must ask the fee cost up

Customer Question

I do not mean to be rude but I must ask the fee cost up front I am on a tight budget....please forgive me ask so bluntly
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) You already paid on your deposit when you posted the question. The question value posted is $8.00

2) What is your question? Please provide details...............Thanks..............Kevin:)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am installing a single phase transformer fed by a 480/277 panel, I have no problem with the primary side however since the faceplate is damaged, do not know the correct jumpers for the secondary. I installed a jumper between X3 and X2 however I do not know how this transformer derives my neutral or how to derive my two 120 volt circuits I need to feed the small sub panel. I have only wired one other of these in 10 years I simply do not remember.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I have grown soft doing only 3 phase 480/277 and 3 phase transformer and panels
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the replies and detailed information.

I am going to opt out of the question as there are a couple of other experts here who have a better background on transformers than I do. I've only installed a few transformers as well and I don't want to guide you the wrong way. From what I remember, the "X2" connection is a neutral and the "X3" connection is a hot.

No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once another electrical expert picks up the question. Thanks...........Kevin:)

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Can you send a picture of the transformer so I can see what you have?