Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I have four cutler hammer test breakers that won't come back

Customer Question

Customer: i have four cutler hammer test breakers that won't come back on, one tripped in a bed room so i reset all four bedrooms and now none will come back on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: every other breaker is working (they do not have the test button) the four with test button are not working, nothing happens when i switch back on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) What type of breakers are these? Arc Fault (AFCI), Ground Fault (GFCI) or regular breakers that do not have a "Test" button?

2) Are these breakers located in the main electrical panel along with the other breakers or are these breakers all located in a sub-panel?

3) Take a look at your electrical panel. What are the slot numbers where these 4 breakers are not working?

4) Are the 4 bedrooms the only area of the home without power? How many total breakers in the panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They were arc however I did not reset them far enough to the right to reset the test switch. I got them all working thank you for your time
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

OK, very good.

Yes, whenever a circuit breaker trips, the breaker handle must be turned all the way to the OFF position and then back to the ON position to reset the breaker.

Take care and have a good evening. Glad you got power back on.

Thanks..................Kevin:)