Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a box triple gang box with a 12 /3 coming in and

Customer Question

i have a box triple gang box with a 12 /3 coming in and out.The red and black are both hot. the going to the line of a GFCI and red leaving the box goes on the load travels down to a split switched outlet (garbage/dshwshr) it attaches on the right top (gold) only the right side of the split outlet has the tab removed .
Now the white neutral is gathered together and pig tails to this line (silver side) of the GFCI it continues out down to the Split outlet and connects on the left side (silver) the tab is not removed on this side of the outlet. Now in the upper box the black connects to the load side of a GFCI and connect to a single pole switch on the right top. the right bottom of the switch is black and runs down to the switched outlet connects bottom right. all the grounds are connected. all light on both GFCI's read green outlet tester inserted tests good . it i hit the switch it togels fine ,plug in dish washer no problems (but haven't tested it under a load yet) plug in ga
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

It looks like your question is not complete. Can you provide the truncated part so that I can try and help you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 12/3 in a triple gang box i need two GFCI and need a switch that will operate one outlet what do i do?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Is the switch-controlled outlet to be protected by the GFI?

Also, why do you have 12/3 on a receptacle circuit? Was it a 220V circuit at one point? What kind of breaker is protecting it - single pole? Double pole?