Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have 2 upstairs lights and one downstairs, the one

Customer Question

I have 2 upstairs lights and one downstairs, the one downstairs and the main one upstairs have a 2 gang switch, one upstairs and one downstairs. The downstairs can also be turned on and off from a seperate single switch. Upstairs is a 3 gang switch that turns both upstairs lights and the one downstairs on and off. I want to change the 3 gang switch from the standard white to brushed chrome, but it's not a standard 3 gang 2 way switch as I've just bought one and it's completely different.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Let me see if I understand what you have on the lights:
1. The light upstairs can be controlled by one switch at the 2 gang location, one switch at the 3
gang location
, is that correct?

2. The downstairs lights, can be controlled by one switch at the 2 gang location, one switch at the 3 gang
location and one switch that is by itself at another location, is that correct?

3. The 3rd switch at the 3 gang location, what does it control and are there any other switches controlling
the same item?

Let me know and we can continue,
Thanks