Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a new stark 2HP pool pump and the capacitor has to be

Customer Question

Hi Mike, I have a new stark 2HP pool pump and the capacitor has to be replaced. I think my husband wired the pool pump wrong in the beginning and blew the capacitor. There are two wires that are were wired to the old capacitor, but I think there should be a third one based on a video that I watched. There are two wires behind the old capacitor that are hooked together which I don't think they should be! One is coming from below the thermal capacitor and the other one is coming from the top of the motor. should the wire coming from the motor be installed on the capacitor? If so where does the wire coming from the bottom of the pump be installed? I hope that this makes sense to you since I am a novice. Thanks Pat
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Pat, there are so many different pool pump motor possibilities.

Can you get the Make and Model of the pool pump and motor so the exact specs can be obtained.

We can then see if the situation can be resolved.

let me know and we can continue,

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tommy, thank you for your reply! Here is the info from the outside of the pump motor:
STARK 75039
Volts 115/230 HZ60 AMPS 7.5 Thermally protected
Motor Model DRQD 1502
HP 2.0 HZ 60 Ph-1
MAX Load Amps 15.0/7.5Hope this helps!
Pat

Ok, thanks Pat.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find anything at all by those numbers. Very strange for nothing to show in any database.

I will have to put the question back on the open board and maybe another expert is familiar with yours, but I cannot help without the manufacturers information.

No need to reply, it will actually slow the process down.

Please wait for the site to let you know the next expert has posted.

Thanks