Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

What gauge of wire I can used light bulbs in one chandelier

Customer Question

what gauge of wire I can used for 4 light bulbs in one chandelier with 10 arm with 4 light each arm
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Ten arms of four lamps each is 40 lamps?? What is the expected wattage of each lamp?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steve no more the 60 watts for each light
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Well that is a lot for a light fixture. 60 x 40 =2400 Watts which far exceeds the wattage for a 20A 120V circuit.

Does this fixture work off two separate 120V circuits? Or is it 277V?