Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I have a garbage disposal plugged into a gfci outlet under

Customer Question

I have a garbage disposal plugged into a gfci outlet under the sink. It is controlled by a wall switch above the sink. Whenever we pour hot water into the disposal, (without it running), the wall switch starts clicking. You can hear it, and actually feel it on the switch. Any ideas?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Unplug the disposal cord from the GFCI receptacle and plug in another small electrical appliance into the GFCI receptacle such as a coffee blender or a blender, etc. Does the wall switch still make a clicking noise?

2) What type of wall switch do you have? Just a regular ON/OFF snap switch (single pole type)?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions, let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.............Kevin:)