Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a BFT Libra gate opner box, last winter the snow was

Customer Question

Hi Mike,
I have a BFT Libra gate opner box, last winter the snow was blocking the gate and I trid to pen it with the reomote, it started to opened and just stopped. I opened the x and checked the fuse, its fine . The red light s on inside and it clicks when you press the remote , but response from the motors
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no response from motors when remote is used
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) The clicking noise that you are hearing is most likely a relay or a contactor

Have you checked the gate opener control box to confirm if a relay or a contactor is present? If so, the coil side of the relay or contactor should always have voltage present and the Normally Open or Normally Closed contacts on the relay will only have voltage when the remote is activated. A digital multimeter can be used to confirm the presence of voltage.

Sounds like you have either a faulty relay/contactor or a loose wire connection? Check for any stuck closure on the relay or contactor.