Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have an old 60KW generac generator model 8951-0. My output

Customer Question

I have an old 60KW generac generator model 8951-0. My output voltage is configured for 460V. When I start the generator the voltage jumps up to over 400 and then fairly quickly reduces to around 200V. Any troubleshooting manuals available or any suggestions?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I have a few phone calls out, for the manual and for a price on a voltage regulator in chase you need it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil, I have an operators manual but not a service/troubleshooting manual.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, yes, that is what I put in for, the service manual, it will include trouble shooting.

Meantime if you can send me a well lit, well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram we can at least start on it...use the paper clip icon at the right end of your tool bar above, or the '+add files' link to the left of your send button.