Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired electrical contractor, 51 years experience.
23932409

I am buying solar panels. I am looking most reliable

Customer Question

I am buying solar panels. I am looking for the most reliable product. Can you rate these products for durability and efficiency or me?
Suniva Optimus Series
SolarWorld Sunmodule Plus (Bosh)
Q.Peak
Trina Solar
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello. This is almost a no brainer.

The man who co founded Ebay, then Tesla Electric cars( free charges for life by the way) from his massive solar farm in the nevada desert, and founded Space X, is also behind 'Solar City' if you are in one of their service areas they will arrive, install a complete system at no charge to you, then take part of the savings you gain and some of the profits you get from selling power back to the local utility.

The rest is academic.

I will post a few links for you to review.

http://www.solarcity.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bojY5N2Ns3k

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!. Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer. Feel free to follow up for30 days at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Most companies have a few panels to chose from. I was asking about the product, not the company. Any insight?

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, I will say this, then opt out:

None of these panels are *reliably rated for durability or output that I have ever seen... their competing claims mean absolutely nothing without the guaranteed lowest price... and guaranteed longevity... and seller guarantee is by virtue of giving the panels to you free for a share of the savings you get.

No other company will do that for you....that is the proof of the pudding so to speak... if they could, they would, but they do not. The fact is that most of the panels sold today are made by the same few chinese manufacturers, the quality is close, proving it on a product that has not been on the market long enough to prove its longevity is humanly impossible.

However no proof is needed when a company will install the produce at no charge to you.

A company like that dominates its market 10 to 1... it beats the pants entirely off of its competition for that reason. Its incentive is to provide the best on the market so that THEY make a lot of money and can afford to sign such a contract.

Having said that, there is no need to rate me for my time spent explaining this to you... good luck with your project. I will opt out on the very slim chance that anyone else here, or elsewhere on the planet can provide a provably better evaluation of the panels, or the overall situation.

Good luck with your project.