Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a outdoor Edwin Gaynor 285-Q3 75W 600 V canister

Customer Question

I have a outdoor Edwin Gaynor 285-Q3 75W 600 V canister light that I need to rewire/replace after the bulb holders began to break apart. There are 2 black wires and 2 red that go into the pronged-bulb holder (2 on each side). I do not see a ground in the canister. Is it possible to rewire this and replace with a standard light/flush mount?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) I am not able to locate the EG lighting fixture on the internet. Is this a 120 volt or a 240 volt light fixture?

2) Any chance that you can take a picture of the fixture with it dropped from the box but do not disconnect any wires? You can post the picture here so I can see what you have in place.

3) Are you looking to have the replacement lighting fixture controlled by a wall switch or dusk-to-dawn photo eye or motion detector?