Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a low voltage system running chemical pumps .I can

Customer Question

I have a low voltage system running chemical pumps .I can get everything up and running with one start-stop- pilot but when I try to add another I can only get the start to work
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Can you get a picture of the controls? There must be some relays and such for the start stop to operate, is that correct?

How are you attempting to add this extra pump motor?

Let me know some further details and we can continue,

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a starter and controls I have one motor and two different station's to start and stop the potable motor and pump . I have the motor and pump on a starter witch goes to a switch for on and off . fliping the switch gives power to the pump and motor but will not start until you hit the green button on the start - stop . one station works fine but the second I can not get to stop only start . I have the wire's coming from the controls split and going to both push button control stations .

Ok, thanks for the pictures, but they really do not provide any information, cannot tell what is going on there.

I need the details of how the start stop is wired to the contactors you have and then how the motor is connected.

Diagram can show how it all is wired

It sounds like the stop is not opening the circuit, the stop button is wired in series with the start so the stop button shuts off the power when pressed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are some more pictures . the motor is three phase coming in the top going out the bottom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Controls are in the middle

Ok,

While I appreciate the extra effort with the pictures, they do not provide information on HOW anything is wired.

Only able to see where wires are landed on the various items which doesnt relate to where they go or land on the other end.

If the new pump was added, there should be documentation of exactly how it was added in the wiring scheme.

Is there not any schematics on the original setup and wiring? That is a must in any control scheme.

Look at the below on how starters are wired to start stop stations as a reference from one of my schematics.