Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I bought a new vanity with lights that go all around the

Customer Question

I bought a new vanity with lights that go all around the mirror. Every time I switch it on the power in the room goes out and I have to go reset the breaker for that room. I've tried putting it in different rooms and using an extension cord. Nothing seems to work.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  mstr_elec replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I would like to help. You have a short in the circuit! We have to find where it is!

1. Please check your connections to the new vanity light (black to black, white to white, etc..) If different, let me know.

2. Sometimes when we put back the covers, we pinch a wire ( between the cover ). Please check for no pinched wires. you can also loosen the cover and try starting the light once again.

3. If neither worked, disconnect the wires from the new light and cap each one individually. Then try the switch. If that works, you may have a short in the new vanity light itself!

Please try those and report back,

Thanks