Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a 208-230v marathon motor on an air compressor that I

Customer Question

I have a 208-230v marathon motor on an air compressor that I bout used. the wiring to the mag start was already hooked up. when I put power to the starter nothing happens if I push the little butting in the middle of the starter it try's to run back words. I took the cover off the motor and this is what the wires look like, line one from starter is to t8 and t1 that run to the motor. line two from starter gos to t4 to the motor t5 that gos to the first captor. t7 from motor gos to the second captor. t6 from motor gos to third captor. there is a jumper #2 captor to captor1 and a jumper wire from captor #3 to captor 1 these have no #'s on them i'm gussing there 2and 3 what do I need to do to get this to run right
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Please get a picture of the nameplate on the motor and post so that the specifications can be obtained to better assist on the situation.

Use the paper clip symbol on the chat tool bar to upload pictures here.

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks