Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My kitchen overhead can lights went out. I replaced the cans

Customer Question

My kitchen overhead can lights went out. I replaced the cans and still nothing. I reset the breakers and still nothing. I checked all gfci outlets and still nothing
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com

This kind of problem can be difficult and time consuming but I will help walk you thru it if you have a test meter, preferably a digital multimeter.

This may be due to a loose connection. Are these lights controlled from only one location?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 switch
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks. Have you determined that the switch has power and that power is leaving the switch when it is in the ON position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am assuming No power is leaving the switch. No power is flowing through the wires
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

You have to check this with a multimeter (preferably) or a test light. This has to be verified to go to the next step.

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Do you still require assistance on the lighting problem?

2) If so, do you have an AC voltmeter or a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester ( a contact type)?