How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 1425
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an empty but hot 200 amp box in one structure. I

Customer Question

I have an empty but hot 200 amp box in one structure. I would like to run a 125 amp sub box underground into another structure 500 feet away. I will need both 120/240 volts in the second structure. What size wire would I run to connect the 2 boxes
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to

4/0 Aluminum ( 4/0 Quadraplex )

Let me know if you need any additional info. If not, please rate my service. Thank you much, Ken