Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I just installed a legrand rw600u and went through the

Customer Question

I just installed a legrand rw600u and went through the programming. However, it wont turn off now. Any advice?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com

Does the device work for on & off in manual mode? Are you leaving the room while testing the automatic mode?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I left the room when it was in automatic mode and it hasnt turned off. It wont manually turn off either.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

If it doesn't manually turn off there is a wiring problem or the device is defective. Are you using it as a single-pole switch - controlling the light from only one location?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am using it as a single pole. You're thinking a wiring problem?
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Hopefully, how is it wired? A picture would be good

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it was wired incorrectly would it still receive power? Also the led light on the front is amber and not green? Does that mean anything?
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

I do not see colors mentioned in the installation instructions for the LED. They only say it is On, Off or Blinking.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Black an yellow together
Green to ground
Red to hot
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Yellow is not used in single-pole mode isolate it and cap it off with a wire nut. Black (hot) should go to black on the switch. Red goes to load which should be black but not hot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay i will give that a try. The directions were very vague
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks, let me know when you are done. It should work in manual & automatic after the rewire. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still wont turn off manually or automatic. I dont know if im programming it wrong or what. I set the delay to 30 secs and it still hasnt turned off
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Please send a picture, there is a wiring problem. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont know how else it could be wired
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Appears to be correct if the black on the switch is connected to the hot wire. Have you tested/verified that is the hot wire with a voltmeter? If so, the device must be defective.

Any luck with the replacement or do you have to order it?