ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

My Koehler generator has been running all dat but it just

Customer Question

My Koehler generator has been running all dat but it just quit, it's hooked into the house wiring and connected to the gas line. What do I do? it is about midnight.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Verify oil level & gas pressure. If both are good, you could test the oil pressure switch to verify that it is good. On some brands, you test the switch by removing the two wires and connecting them together. On others, you can test the switch by removing the wires and keeping them isolated if you do not have a multimeter. Let me know what you find and we can continue. Thank you, Ken