Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

We purchase pre-wired panel boxes that use 480v. How do we

Customer Question

Customer: We purchase pre-wired panel boxes that use 480v. How do we certify our assembly personnel to run wires to the motors from the panel boxes?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Per OSHA, is the person connecting the panel box wires to the motors required to be certified?
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) What is your question?

2) 1st off, I've never heard of any panelboard that is pre-wired from any manufacturer. I need more details on this?

3) 480 volts suggests that this is an industrial application and it is always recommended that an electrician wiring any panel should be a licensed electrician with industrial experience as well as with completing OSHA electrical safety training classes.

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions, let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks...........Kevin:)