Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

Trying to add fan on 3 way circuit. Want to demo 1 switch

Customer Question

trying to add fan on 3 way circuit. Want to demo 1 switch and add 2 way at one location
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  mstr_elec replied 1 year ago.

If I understand you correctly, you already have 2 switches in the same room but at different locations that can operate the fan correct?

And you simply want to remove one switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This doesn't answer my question. Please don't provide any further answers.
Expert:  mstr_elec replied 1 year ago.

In order to assist you properly, I needed to get additional questions answered.. Additionally there is no such thing as a a 2 way. Your posting did not provide enough information for me to provide an answer

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and if you wish to continue, I'll be glad to assist you. I understand what you are trying to accomplish. 3 way switch circuits are wired several ways. Only one of which will allow what you intend without installing cable in the wall and ceiling. I'll need to know the colors of the wires on both existing switches. That will let me know if it is possible.