Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

There seems to have been a change on your website. They

Customer Question

Kevin, there seems to have been a change on your website. They recently emailed me asking to provide a password, only there was no option for a password ***** only an option for a "username" - and an option for a subscription which I already had. I upgraded to the ultra premium subscription. I have 4 preferred options for things, a doctor, vet, mechanic - but no options for a preferred electrician. Guide me here.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Not sure what the problem is? The website is constantly launching and upgrading new features on a weekly basis. You should be able to designate a preferred expert on your end. Another option is to insert my name in your initial question as for "Kevin only" as this usually works and other experts respect the request for a specific electrical expert.

2) Any how, what is your electrical question and how can assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kevin, I cut and pasted what another electrician told me. No recollection of asking this, and why it didn't go to you (you know the reason). I also didn't know th website publicly displays other people's "questions". I do not like that. It seems an invasion of privacy....especially if I have a question for a doctor. I'm going to call the company, is there a number I can call to opt out of this? Also about my ceiling fan. If I turn off every lighting that circuit, and it still glows, what might cause that? Also if you remember that nightmare of a circuit box downstairs, with the transformer, I have a thermal image of it and it's red hot glowing....which means I'm guessing likely not DC and is AC. I'll get on my computer to send the photos.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be glad to assist you. I suggest calling your utility company and having them check for a diversion of service. If they verify there is, as it is with my provider, they can refund money you paid for the service and bill the owner back to when you occupied the unit. They will also force corrections to be made.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello Brennan,

1) Yes, all of the questions and replies here on Just Answer are viewable to the general public on Yahoo and/or Google.

2) Turn OFF the 3 other circuit breakers and re-shoot the ceiling fan and see if the temperature reading goes away when the fan and no other loads are connected on this circuit. If no other connected loads and the remaining breakers are in the OFF position, this will confirm if another circuit is passing thru the ceiling box. Let me know the results...........Thanks............Kevin!