Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.
329447

Is there any way possible to take 500 mW and make use of it

Customer Question

Is there any way possible to take 500 mW and make use of it through an inverter?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..can you tell me the source of the power and the associated voltage please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

DC 0.202 Volts

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, and what is the source of this power? A solar panel of some kind maybe?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Therefore, with the given amount of voltage vs. best possible conductors and it length what principle would i need to observe to make use of that voltage or what can I do to increase it if it is insufficient to work with some sort of inverter?

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

That is a minuscule amount of power. You are sure that the voltage is .2V and the power is .5W?

A phone charger for example uses 2.5W (2500mW) which is 5 times what you have there.

What is it you are hoping to power with this arrangement because it is not a lot of power.

Let me know.