Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

We have a beautiful lighted china hutch. It is a touch nge

Customer Question

We have a beautiful lighted china hutch. It is a touch hinge (upper Right hinge). The light worked the first few times we used it and has malfunctioned every time we used it since. We can turn it on or off manually. It has a low, medium, and high. The problem is it turns on and off at will. How do we fix it. We have had it ten years and I lament the fact we can never turn the beauty on and enjoy it without it turning itself off. It sits on a hardwood (oak) floor. Sincerely, ***** *****
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be glad to assist you. Was it working correctly before replacing the lamps with LEDs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

You'll need to replace the switch box control. The best source is Amazon. Most require an incadecent lamp, not an LED.