ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

I will try to be detailed so I can fix this problem. So all

Customer Question

I will try to be detailed so I can fix this problem. So all outlets in a room went out. I changed the gfi and the circuit breaker ( even though neither ever tripped). Still nothing. So then I accidentally bumped a hard wired base board heater and the power started working again. So I was willing to live with the heater slightly turned on so everything else would work. But as I was plugging in devises I realized that there was still a problem. As I turned in the tv, the clock stared to flicker and the tv wouldn't work. So now I'm not getting enough juice to the room. All of these outlets are set up in a sub panel, not sure if you need that but thought it couldn't hurt.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com

This is due to a loose connection in the circuit. You will most likely find it at an outlet on the circuit and it sounds like that TV outlet would be a good place to start. This is probably due to the outlets being wired with the push in terminals instead of the screw terminals. Remove the TV outlet and check all the connections I recommend putting them under the screw terminals if they are not and if the problem is not located there go to the outlet on the circuit ahead of that TV outlet which would be the one to the left or the right of it and let me know what you find. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked all connections and they are under the screws and tight. Still everything Wil work if I have heater turned on, (even just a mm turn works). But when I plug in tv, the clock (which I'm using as a measure) starts to blink a little faster, so I know that the power will soon go out. Any other suggestions on what to try? There are no 8 indoor outlets and 2 outdoor that all all on the same circuit.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

it's very good that the screw terminals are used. Was hoping for a loose connection in am outlet. Next, I recommend checking the neutral wires, especially for this circuit. Turn the breaker off and hopefully you will find that the neutral for this circuit is loose. If this does not resolve the issue, check the neutral at the baseboard heater if it is 120V.