Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I have a bali ceiling fan with a broken globe. Do you know

Customer Question

i have a bali ceiling fan with a broken globe. Do you know where I can get another to replace it? Stores don't carry the Bali anymore.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Unfortunately and for whatever reason, Home Depot only stocks generic ceiling fan replacement globes. Very seldom, if ever will you be able to locate an exact replacement light globe or tulip light shade from any of the big box home improvement stores.

I assume the reason the stores don't stock most ceiling fan replacement parts is because they want us to purchase a new fan. Obtaining exact ceiling fan replacement parts are very frustrating and almost impossible to locate. We probably have better odds at wining the lotto:)

You can try to contact Hampton Bay directly which is Home Depots generic ceiling fan brand and ask them if they will sell you a replacement globe. Although based on my experience with Hampton Bay, their support service is not the best.

2) You basically have a few options as shown below:

A) Contact e-ceiling fans shown in the link below. This company is a large supplier of ceiling fan replacement parts. If they don't carry a replacement part, a good chance that nobody else does.

http://www.eceilingfans.com/accessories_-_ceiling_fans.html

2) Purchase a generic replacement globe that will fit the fan from one of the big box home improvement stores

3) Check on E-Bay if your fan model ever shows up for sale

4) Check out Craigs List for a possible purchase on the globe and/or fan.

5) Last but not least, purchase a new ceiling fan and bite the bullet as they say:).

Hope this helps………If you have any additional questions, let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

The next time you have an electrical question, you can also request for me at: http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-your-electrician ……….Thanks…………..Kevin!

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions, let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.