AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I have a light thing hat has 3 separate switches. The middle

Customer Question

Hi. I have a light thing hat has 3 separate switches. The middle one is a dimmer. I have turned off the electric, tested it, and removed the old switches. I left the wires situated so each one shows what original switch it came from. So far so good. These
are Decora switches.Here are the wires: Switch one : black, red, white Switch two: 2 black, does not seem to be copper wire Switch three: two black with copper The dimmer says something about a neutral wire. The dimmer itself has a green wire and a yellow
wire leading from it. Also - how do you get a Decora switch to "release" the wire stuck inside of it in the back? Thanks!!
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

It is extremely difficult to remove the back stab once used. Even if you get it out, the next connection will suffer.

Always use the side screws for switches and receptacles.

Need the Make and Model of the dimmer please. Odd for a dimmer to need a neutral, so need to look it up.

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks