AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I am trying to install a new light fitting to my ceiling,

Customer Question

I am trying to install a new light fitting to my ceiling, which has a rose with three wires coming from the ceiling, with each wire consisting of earth, red, and black. I dont know which one is the switch live wire! Two of the main wires coming from the ceiling share an earth cable, if that helps. The new light only has three holes which are earth, blue and brown. What do i do??!?!?!?!??
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Can you please look at the 3 cables and see if one of the black wires has some red tape or red marking on the insulation anywhere?

Right now, how are the wires made up? All loose?

If all loose, what else is not operating around the home, as something else should also be out besides this one light?

Do you have any spare terminals in the rose for connections? Or any separate terminal blocks handy to make connections?

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks