AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I have an ancient GE Potscrubber dishwasher, GSD900D-03,

Customer Question

I have an ancient GE Potscrubber dishwasher, GSD900D-03, Serial MT 742399.
It's broken and I need to replace it. Question: does this old dishwasher plug into a receptacle at the back or is it hardwired to an electrical cable so that, to replace with a new modern dishwasher I'll first need an electrician to install a receptacle?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

The dishwasher will most likely be hard wired if installed years ago, remove the bottom panel and verify flat romex cable is connected to be 100% sure.

But either way, since you are replacing a dishwasher and this is NOT a new circuit, you can still hard wire the new dishwasher.

You are not required to have a receptacle installed when replacing the appliance, only if you are installing a new circuit for one that you never had, do you need the upgrade to newer regulations.

Just shutdown the circuit breaker and make sure power is off, then unwire and remove. Install the new one and rewire and you are ready to go.

Let me know anything further,

Thanks