Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

Update to ceiling fan light combo. We were able to get the

Customer Question

Update to ceiling fan light combo. We were able to get the wires in the box using needle nose pliers but afterwards the lights on the other side of the room and the room adjacent would not come on. It seemed to have voltage but power.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Do you have an AC voltmeter available?

2) How many total house wires and their wire colors in the ceiling box?

3) At the ceiling box, any groups of black and/or white wires that are grouped together and spliced with a wire nut?

4) Will the fan/light be controlled by a wall switch or a remote receiver or fan pull chains? If controlled by a wall switch, how many wires are connected to the switch and the switch wire colors?

5) Is the fan/light working or no power to it?

6) Is the fan/light a new installation or was there a previous ceiling light fixture that was wired to the ceiling?