AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I have a Md# 139.53990D opener. I suspect that my receiver

Customer Question

I have a Md# ***** opener. I suspect that my receiver logic bd could be bad. Both of the remotes don't work even after reprograming. Also I tried erasing all
codes fr rec. Only the 3 func wall switch unit and and fr my built in remote fr my Jeep Liberty work
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Did you push the learn button for approximately 6 seconds and see the LED turn off, which erases all the opener memory.

Then you were able to add the Jeep back, is that correct

If so, it doesnt appear that the logic board would be bad, as the remote in the Jeep is working and they operate the same way and same frequency.

It is possible it has difficulty with distance, try the remotes while inside the garage underneath the opener and then move away slowly if it does and find the distance

Check the antenna and be sure it is hanging down and in good condition. No scrapes or nicks, cuts etc.

Also, with the memory cleared, try a remote first before the Jeep.

They can be finicky and you may have already done the above, just let me know

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're right on the ball. After clearing memory, I programmed my Jeep Lib. Inside of 3 sec, it took my code and worked fine. Scratching my head, I figured the only thing common to both remotes were the batteries. Upon inspection, I saw that the + side was to be facing dn.
I replaced the battery with a fresh one, reprogram it and low and behold it now works. I felt like an idiot but now am glad it works.

Ok, excellent, glad all is well now.

Glad to assist on the situation and dont feel bad, we have all been down that road before on something.