Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I recently had my compressor and the freon replaced in my

Customer Question

I recently had my compressor and the freon replaced in my account because of a power surge that grounded my ac then in about two weeks it happened again is this possible ?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you.A power surge has nothing to do with whether you need freon added to your A/C unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am not asking that I had to replace my compressor and capulator twicedoes due to a lighting hitting them is that possible I thought lighting never hit the same place twice is it also possible something is wrong with my electrical in my house ?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Lightning may hit the same place over again. As far as there being a surge, it may be something on the utility distribution. If you check with your neighbors, they would have had similar problems. A call to your power supplier would be the logical next step in learning if there was a noted failure.