Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

Soon after I switched on my dishwasher the kitchen lights,

Customer Question

Soon after I switched on my dishwasher the kitchen lights, frig and freezer and dishwasher stopped working. The circuit breaker did not flip off. When I switched off the dishwasher by a switch on the wall (there is no plug) and turned the circuit breaker off and on, everything worked except the dishwasher. The house was built in 2011. Can you help please? Thanks.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be glad to assist you. Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester? You'll need to test in the panel and possibly elsewhere to determine what the cause of the problem is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't really help me Mike. I'm sure my husband had a tester but I've no idea where it is nor would I know how to carry out a test. I have just put the dishwasher on to a rinse cycle and so far it seems to be working.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Well there isn't anything I can do for you. If it happened again, I suggest calling an electrician to troubleshoot the problem. Electrical abnormalities only get worst and the cost of repair increases if left to repeat.