AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I have RC 939 transmitter...and RC613 receiver light. Pool

Customer Question

I have RC 939 transmitter...and RC613 receiver for pool light. Pool light wouldn't turn on from transmitter so I bought new receiver and new transmitter ( same models). The receiver will turn pool light on but the blue set code light does not light and wont read transmitter. So I am in same position before I bought new receiver and transmitter
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Please provide some details on the situation.

You posted that the light does com eon now with the new set, but the" blue set code" does not light?

What is the blue set code you are referencing?

Are you referencing the led when you are setting the code for the transmitter and receiver?

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the receiver, there is a blue button that you should press to have the receiver read (synch) with the transmitter. Then press the transmitter to synch. The receiver led should blink saying that the receiver and transmitter are synched. The led light does not blink. The receiver is new and the transmitter is new. I checked the wiring and connections to be sure it's okay. I bought the receiver and transmitter from amazon and 3 people indicated that their purchase of the same models got the same results.....you can press the receiver on/off to operate light but not the remote.

Ok, thanks

I see you posted only the receiver syncing button and not the transmitter.

Intermatic has some literature that doesnt match with some of the controls as I have seen on their units.

Try the steps below, and see if that doesn't get them synced and operating:

1.Using a Paper clip, press the program button on the side of the transmitter until the red LED illuminates.

2. On the receiver, press the CODE-SET button. The adjacent LED illuminates.

3. Press a button on the transmitter multiple times until the LED on the receiver turns OFF. This is the button that will control the receiver.

4. Press one of the other buttons on the transmitter that was not configured. The red LED on the transmitter shuts OFF. The transmitter is now linked to the receiver.

5 Press the configured button on the transmitter to verify it communicates with the receiver and turns the connected device ON/OFF

Let me know how it goes,

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the instructions and followed them all....but the blue code set button doesn't light up the blue led. . I have no trouble getting the receiver that goes to the pool to work with my old and new transmitter. But the new receiver from the spa is the one that I'm having the trouble with..it will not synch with the old or new transmitter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the new transmitter is RC939....the new receiver is RC613

Ok,

Let me be sure I understand you correctly here.

You are UNABLE to even get step 2, that is:

If that does not happen, you cannot do anything further because it is not in program mode.

You have to stop at that point.

If that is the case, the new receiver is faulty and should be returned. There is nothing to repair and there are no work arounds, it must go into code set on its on when you press the button.