Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a gas clothes dryer which is plugged into a ground

Customer Question

I have a gas clothes dryer which is plugged into a ground fault receptable. and has been for quite a while. The dryer started tripping the circuit. The washer is also plugged into that same receptable and no problems are noted. I plugged the dryer into a standard receptable and it works the way it is intended. There is obviously something wrong with the dryer. Do you have any suggestions.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Ok, just so I understand, the GFI does not trip with the washer plugged in and the dryer unplugged.

The dryer works fine on a regular outlet.

Is that correct?