AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I am attempting to wire up an intermatic px 300 transformer

Customer Question

I am attempting to wire up an intermatic px 300 transformer to a intellibrite controller;; I think I have brain block today; I have 4 pool lites, the wire are up to a junction box where the controller and the transformer goes. I understand the 120 v coming into the transformer, hooking hot to black, neutral to white and a direct ground to the buss bar.
Then on the other side of the px 300, it has 2 black wire that goes to the controller.
This is where I am having difficulty!!
the intellibrite controller has 3 wire coming out of it of which 1 is ground.. The way the schematic reads, I hook the 2 wires from the transformer to the 2 wires coming from the controller. If I do that , where do the wires from the lights hook up?? By the diagram, it shows that I hook them to the 2 black wires out of transformer.. Totally confused;
Any help you can give me I would sure appreciate
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My cell phone is not working here; You will have to contact m back on this site only!!!!!
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

The intellibrite controller actually operates the transformer and then the transformer the lights.

The power will connect to the intellibrite control, then the controller will output to the transformer and

the lights are connected to the transformer.

So, you have hot connecting to the controller

You have neutral connecting to controller and transformer

You have a switched hot from the controller tot he transformer line in

Then the lights connect to the transformers low voltage out black wires

See the picture below, it should help clear up the situation.

Let me know anything further needed,

'Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, it is getting clearer!! So, coming out of the breaker box with GFI breakers, The black wire goes solely to the controller, then the white wire is split and goes to the controller white and then to the transformer black? The wire green goes from the neutral bus bar in breaker box to the buss bar in transformer?

That is correct, apparently the controller is UL approved without a ground.