ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

We have a new ceiling light but it has 2 cables no colours &

Customer Question

Hello ,
We have a new ceiling light but it has 2 cables no colours & no earth cable .
The one we are taking down has live , neutral & earth , please can you help
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Ken and I will be glad to help with your question. Thanks for using http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-prograde
If you look very closely and feel with your finger one of the "unmarked" cables from the fixture has ribs/lines in the insulation. That identifies it as the fixture neutral.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an international calling plan nor do I Skype so I can't call across the pond. If you could upload a detailed picture I can continue to assist. Otherwise, I will opt-out to allow other experts the opportunity to send you an offer for a phone call. Thank you much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are in Aberdeen Scotland UK
Are you overseas Ken?
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm in the states. I apologize for the extended delay with my answer. Another expert has the question locked. Did you get this resolved? If not, can you post pictures of the cable? Thanks.