ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

I just purchased a new motor cement mixer and am trying

Customer Question

I just purchased a new motor for my cement mixer and am trying to wire it up. the motor I purchased is a Marathon 3/4 hp with 9 wires. all I want to do is attached the black, green, and white wire from my 115 connection to make it work. what wire do I connect with what?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Ken and I will be glad to help with your question. Thanks for using http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-prograde
Are the leads colored or do they have numbers for each one?
If colored, Line 1 (the black from your cord) would connect to Blue, Orange, & Red. Line 2 (the white/neutral from your cord) would connect to White, Yellow, & Black. If rotation is wrong, interchange the red & black motor leads.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the three black wires have numbers the others are colors. When the diagram asks to insulate two or three wires, does that mean to tie them together?
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Generally, yes, but to be sure with a mixture of colors and numbers I need a picture of the wiring diagram. Can you post a picture?