Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

My ceiling fan lights went out,but fan is still working. Lights

Customer Question

My ceiling fan lights went out,but fan is still working. Lights were working fine and then went out after running. Flip switch back on and they work again. I changed bulbs from three 60 watt to two 40 and one 60. The lights went out and will not come back on
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'Muke G and will be glad to assist you. Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I do
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
First try installing only one lamp on the fan to see if the problem is the watt limiter now being installed for energy conservation. If it doesn't work, test the lamp socket center pin to the body of the fan and then the screw she'll in the lamp holder to ground also, with power on. This will tell if the hot or the neutral is open.Let me know the results.