Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have rewired a light out let and new switch. When the switch

Customer Question

I have rewired a light out let and new switch.
When the switch is on there is power at the light outlet and non when turned off as one would expect.
Unfortuntlay when I fitted the light, the first one blow the cercuit in the CU, I then fitted a now light and it di dnot work. Although I have tested the light and it works perfectly when connected to anaother outlet.
When the light were fitted the power was flowing normally through the system to teh light, but no light.
I have tested to make sure the cable is 240v and it is, so its really baffeling
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.1. How are measuring the voltage to the lighting fixture?A 2 lead tester with readout is needed for troubleshooting.2. What wires in the ceiling fitting is the fixture connected?Let me know and we can continueThanks