Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I screwed up and bought a window AC unit with a 250V cord.

Customer Question

i screwed up and bought a window AC unit with a 250V cord. don't have that kind of outlet. what are my options?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Can you provide me with the AC unit manufacturer name and the model number so I can review the required electrical spec's?
2) Depending upon your existing wiring and the type of dwelling, there may be some alternative options.
3) Will the AC unit be installed in a single family home or an apartment or condo?
4) Any idea as to the existing type of wiring scheme that was originally installed....ie.....Romex cable or metal conduit for the various wall receptacle boxes?