Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a generac qp40 that produces power but wont engage the

Customer Question

I have a generac qp40 that produces power but wont engage the transfer switch i have already installed a new transfer switch and i am getting voltage to the switch but wont pull in
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Will need more details on the situation.1. What is the Make and Model of the transfer switch installed?2. Which terminals on the transfer switch are you reading voltage from the generator?What is that voltage?3. Main utility power is off when this attempt to transfer is performed, correct? Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
I understand that this is a generator for RV applications and not a home generator.I will opt out of the question and put it back on the board for RV experts.It appeared in the electrical category on my list and why it was thought to be on a home application.Thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
What is the Year, Make and Model of the RV?
What is the make and model of the transfer switch?
Thanks, Robert