Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

I'm trying to install a remote on a fan that only has a black,

Customer Question

I'm trying to install a remote on a fan that only has a black, white and green wire in the canopy. The universal hunter remote has 4 wires (blue and yellow on one side and black and white on the other). The fan has an add on light kit, so those words don't extend up into the canopy. I also have a red wore in the ceiling that was capped. I've got all 3 whites connected as directed. I also have the yellow from the receiver connected to the black from the fan, as directed. I have the black from the ceiling connected to the black on the receiver. I'm lost on the blue from the receiver. I tried it on the red one, but no luck. Any suggestions?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and will be glad to assist you. Fans with only a black, white and green at the canopy have the receiver built in and a universal remote isn't required or applicable. You need to go to www.eceilingfans.com and get the right remote for the fan.