Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am installing a new dual fuel range. Previous range was

Customer Question

I am installing a new dual fuel range. Previous range was all gas and had 110v plug for ignition and clocks on range. The new range is 220v 4 plug. I have a two story house and breaker box is on opposite exterior of house. I believe I need to install new
>30AMP double pole breaker and then fish new 4-wire 10AWG cable up into attic to opposite side of house, then back down to stove wall. There is just enough space in breaker box to hold one more double breaker. Can you please give some guidance on routing this
wire through attic? Can I leave energized cable across rafters (out of the way) or do I need to add some protection around it? The run is about 100 feet (up, across, down) with some turns included. Any additional guidance is appreciated.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant to type 4-wire 8 AWG. But I suppose I should go up to 6AWG. Your thoughts on that is appreciated.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and will be glad to assist you. Tell me the KW rating on the unit for wire sizing.